alt-smokers-pipes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

TIME
Latest topics
» Kilted1's Hit List
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:23 pm by AL

» Freehands
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:05 pm by kilted1

» Your Input Needed!!!
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:11 pm by kilted1

» dating a dunhill
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 pm by Admin

» General Pipe Care
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:01 am by kilted1

» Ardor Pipes
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:31 pm by kilted1

» Peter Brakner Pipes
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 am by kilted1

» Ronny Thuner Pipes
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:37 am by kilted1

» Viprati pipes
Peterson Pipes I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:09 am by kilted1

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
visitors locations
Give Away of the Day, Every Day
Giveaway of the Day

Peterson Pipes

Go down

Peterson Pipes Empty Peterson Pipes

Post  kilted1 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:12 am

Ah yes,

The Peterson pipe ... now there's a subject. Peterson is something people are passionate about. You disagree? Mention Peterson out loud in a crowded B&M or in a chat room sometime. Fully 5% of the people there will immediately say that Peterson's suck, another 5% will claim they love them and the rest of the room will quietly wait until the two extremes fight it out before offering an opinion.

Count me in the "love them" category. I love my Petes and I own quite a few of them. In various grades and styles many a fine bowl of tobacco has been passed through a Pete on it's way to pleasure.

So what is it about a Peterson that I find so endearing? I don't know entirely. I love the variety that Peterson pipes offer, how many distinct lines do they have now? Who knows. I don't care that the lower grades are 'dip stained', personally when purchasing a lower grade I'm prepared to sand out the smoking chamber prior to smoking for the first time. I'm committed to creating a 'smoking partner' so I fully expect that most pipes will require a break in period.

I LOVE the Peterson 'take' on traditional shape interpretations. I love some of the shapes that are distinctly 'Peterson' I can tell many a Pete from across the room.

I personally find that most Petes, even the low grades are well produced, form and fit are at least equal to mass produced pipes by other makers. The higher grade pipes are very well made in my estimation. Very few exceed the silver work you'll find on high grade Petes.

Maybe its all because I'm part Irish ... yeah that's it! To me a good Pete is a good friend, as comfortable as a good pair of slippers by the fire with a hot cup of coffee and a good bowl of tobacco. I was going to write more ... but I saw a Peterson pipe over there that I've not smoked in awhile, I think I'll load up some leaf and relax.

kilted1

kilted1

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down